On June 30, the TAISIG event ‘AI for Society’ will take place: a collaboration between MindLabs, Tilburg University and Data Week NL. The event provides a platform to anyone interested in Artificial Intelligence within the Brabant AI community. Update yourself with keynotes that address state-of-the-art in AI and its relevance in and for our region. Walk past stands and experience AI up close with demos including interactive technologies, such as social robotics. And dive deeper into AI applications by signing up for two 30 minute-workshops by specialists in various AI-domains.
13.00 – 14.00: Knowledge sharing
Keep yourself updated with keynotes that address the state-of-the-art in AI and its relevance in and for our region. On behalf of TAISIG, Prof. dr. ir. Pieter Spronck and prof. dr. Esther Keymolen shed a light on the relationships between AI, Noord-Brabant and Tilburg University. Marie Postma talks to them about their views on the opportunities and threats of AI for society.
14.00 – 14.45: Demonstrations by AI experts
Walk past stands and experience AI up close with demos including interactive technologies, such as social robotics. Our experts include:
– Prof. dr. Ton Wilthagen: presenting his middle grade book Roosbot.
– Mirjam de Haas: about her research on a robot (L2TOR) that was developed to teach preschoolers foreign languages.
– Phillip Brown: elaborating on his research on motion sickness in virtual reality.
– Annabel Groenenberg: on her PhD project ‘hologram guided surgery’
14.45 – 15.45: Workshops (2 x 30 mins)
Dive deeper into AI applications by signing up for two 30 minute-workshops by specialists in various AI-domains:
• AI applications in the security domain – dr. Giuseppe Cascavilla, JADS
Cyber criminal activities monitoring in surface-deep-dark web, protection of cyber physical spaces, user profiling from social media activities, reidentification of personal emotions.
• AI applications in healthcare – dr. Sharon Ong, TiU
On AI and medical imaging, and the WeCare Programme.
• AI and the labour market – dr. Patricia Prüfer, Centerdata
Facilitate transition from shrinking to growing sectors.
• AI and interactive technologies for media applications – Erdinç Saçan, Fontys School for ICT
On the down sides of AI such as deep fakes, fake news and smartphone addiction and the promises of inclusive AI.
15.45 – 16.00: Conclusion and 16.00 – 17.00: Networking drinks
Prof. dr. ir. Pieter Spronck and prof. dr. ir. Boudewijn Haverkort (TSHD) wrap up the event, after which there will be plenty of opportunities to meet each other and discuss the afternoon whilst enjoying drinks